Wednesday 27 August 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Little Star by The Elegants.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1958 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Normand Brathwaite: Canadian comedian and television and radio host.
- Stalking Cat: American body modifier (d. 2012).
- Sergei Krikalev: Russian engineer and astronaut.
- Tom Lanoye: Belgian author poet and playwright.
- Hugh Orde: English police officer.
- Sergei Konstantinovich Krikalev: Russia -- Cosmonaut (TM-7, TM-12, STS 60)
- Yoshinori Mizumaki: Tokyo, Japan -- PGA golfer (1994 Byron Nelson-2nd)
- Clark Griffith says Senators will probably accept offer to move to Minnesota
- USSR launches Sputnik 3 with 2 dogs aboard
- Operation Argus: The United States begins nuclear tests over the South Atlantic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Kalin Twins - When
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- Peggy Lee - Fever
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 August 1958 and get them!