Friday 27 August 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Got You Babe by Sonny & Cher.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
That Funny Feeling, directed by Richard Thorpe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1965 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Scott Dibble: American lawyer and politician.
- Cheryl Fergison: English actress.
- Wayne James: Zimbabwean cricketer and coach.
- Ange Postecoglou: Greek-Australian footballer and coach.
- Michael Perry: NFL defensive tackle (Denver Broncos).
- Arno Klarsfeld: French-Israeli lawyer, who has conducted various national missions at the request of President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Beatles spend an evening with Elvis Presley
- WTVI TV channel 42 in Charlotte, NC (PBS) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- The Beatles - Help!
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- The Beach Boys - California Girls
- The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
- Four Tops - It's The Same Old Song
- James Brown - Papa's Got A Brand New Bag Part 1
- Mel Carter - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me
- Billy Joe Royal - Down In The Boondocks
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 August 1965 and get them!