Sunday 27 August 1967
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Ode To Billie Joe by Bobbie Gentry.
In UK San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) by Scott Mckenzie was in the top 5 hits.
Point Blank, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1967!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1967 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Martin Lawless: American construction worker who fell to his death 35 feet from the roof of a construction site on 12/23/1986.
- Ogie Alcasid: Filipino singer-songwriter producer and actor.
- Rob Burnett: NFL defensive end (Cleveland Browns / Baltimore Ravens).
- Brian McRae: Bradenton, Florida -- Outfielder (Chicago Cubs).
- Naomi Sims is 1st black model on US cover (Fashion of the Times)
- East Coast Wrestling Association is established.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Doors - Light My Fire
- The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
- Stevie Wonder - I Was Made To Love Her
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday
- Aretha Franklin - Baby I Love You
- Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade Of Pale
- The Temptations - You're My Everything
- James Brown - Cold Sweat - Part 1
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 August 1967 and get them!