Sunday 27 August 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Imes and Donta Jones.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) by Looking Glass.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Patchwork Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1972 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Chris Imes: South Paris, Maine -- US hockey defenseman (1994 Olympics).
- Donta Jones: NFL linebacker (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Felix da Housecat: American DJ and record producer.
- The Great Khali: Indian professional wrestler.
- Denise Lewis: British athlete, winner of a Gold Medal for the heptathlon on 9/24/2000.
- The Great Khali: Wrestler
- Mike Smith: TV Actor
- Jaap-Derk Buma: Dutch field hockey player
- Jimmy Pop: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Bloodhound Gang)
- Sandra Haynie wins LPGA National Jewish Hospital Golf Open
- US bombs Haiphong North Vietnam
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 August 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?