Friday 27 August 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Burnt Offerings, directed by Dan Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1976!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1976 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Cartos Moya: Spain -- Tennis star.
- Craig Mills: Toronto, Ontario -- NHL right wing (Winnipeg Jets).
- Carlos Moya: Spanish tennis player.
- Milano Collection Akihito Terui: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Audrey Delsanti: French astronomer and biologist.
- Milano AT: Japanese wrestler
- Guillaume Peltier: French politician and business leader. He is a former member of the National Front and the former leader of its youth section. Peltier leads The Strong Right, a right-wing populist faction of the UMP, similar to The Popular Right faction. Since February 2013, he has been vice-president of the Union for a Popular Movement.
- Sarah Chalke: Canadian actress
- Mark Webber: Race Car Driver
- Carlos Moyá: Spanish tennis player, he was the French Open singles champion in 1998 and the singles runner-up at the 1997 Australian Open.
- Mukesh : Indian playback singer (Born 1923).
- Transsexual Renee Richards barred from competing in US Tennis Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Seals and Crofts - Get Closer
- George Benson - This Masquerade
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?