Friday 27 August 1982
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor.
In UK Come On Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners With The Emerald Express was in the top 5 hits.
The Beastmaster, directed by Don Coscarelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1982!
Which were the important events of 27 August 1982 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Dumont: DJ.
- Bergüzar Korel: Turkish actress.
- Damien Monier: French road bicycle racer, professional from 2004.
- Soyuz T-7 returns to Earth.
- Turkish military diplomat Colonel Atilla Alt?kat is shot and killed in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada's capital. Justice Commandos Against Armenian Genocide claim responsibility, saying they are avenging the massacre of 1.5 million Armenians in the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Fleetwood Mac - Hold Me
- Air Supply - Even The Nights Are Better
- REO Speedwagon - Keep The Fire Burnin'
- Go-Go's - Vacation
- Wasted On The Way - Crosby, Stills & Nash
- Paul McCartney - Take It Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 August 1982 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?