Friday 27 December 1901
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marlene Dietrich and Maurice Derot.
Sr. Wrangler Mr. R.P. Paranjpe, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1901 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Marlene Dietrich: German-American actress and singer who achieved 62 years of international fame as an immortal screen goddess in German and American films.
- Maurice Derot: Nice physician.
- Irene Handl: London, England -- Actress (Riding High, Morgan).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1901 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- I'll Be with You When the Roses Bloom Again - Harry Macdonough
- The Wedding of Reuben and the Maid - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?