Thursday 27 December 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Mark and Ivan Brkanovic.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1906 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Ivan Mark: Waller mountaineer.
- Ivan Brkanovic: composer.
- Oscar Levant: American composer, author, entertainer, pianist, film actor and radio and TV personality.
- Antoon Struycken: Dutch politician, minister of justice.
- Ant Struycken: Netherlands Military man.
- 1st annual meeting of American Sociological Society, Providence, Rhode Island
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1906?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?