Thursday 27 December 1906
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1906 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Ivan Mark: Waller mountaineer.
- Ivan Brkanovic: composer.
- Ant Struycken: Netherlands Military man.
- Antoon Struycken: Dutch politician, minister of justice.
- Oscar Levant: American composer, author, entertainer, pianist, film actor and radio and TV personality.
- 1st annual meeting of American Sociological Society, Providence, Rhode Island
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1906 and get them!