Friday 27 December 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Willem Van Otterloo and Nils-Eric Ringbom.
Barberaren i Sevilla, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1907!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1907 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Willem Van Otterloo: Winterwijk, Holland -- Conductor (Melbourne 1967-71).
- Nils-Eric Ringbom: composer.
- Emile de: Strijker Belgian philosopher.
- Conrad L Raiford: Goodwill Ambassador (d. 2002).
- Raoul Clery: French fencing champion; as an actor, he played adventure roles in historical films.
- Willem Otterloo: Dutch musician, composer and conductor. From 1949 to 1973 he was chief conductor for an orchestra in The Hague. Emigrating to Australia, he served as conductor of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and later the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. He died in Melbourne on July 28, 1978 from injuries suffered in an auto accident.
- Juan Sanchez Barrantes: Nicknamed El Indio Sanchez, he was a sculptor, painter, draftsman, musician, writer, poet and educator Costa Rica. He is considered one of the main representatives of the sculpture of Costa Rica in its history. He is the ideologue of the new sensibility, artistic movement emerged in the 1930s, determining takeoff of national art. For this, he was described as one of the most influential artists in the history of Costa Rican culture and one of its most celebrated representatives. In 1982, he won
- Asaf Çelebi: Turkish poet (d. 1958)
- Sebastian Haffner: German journalist and author (Born 1907)
- Mary Howard: English author (d. 1991)
- Conrad Raiford: American baseball player and activist (d. 2002)
- Willem van Otterloo: Dutch conductor and composer (Born 1907)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Be My Little Teddy Bear - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1907?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?