Thursday 27 December 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Legion of Death, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1917 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Earl of Inchcape: English large landowner / industrialist (P&O).
- Buddy Boudreaux: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 2015).
- T Nadaraja: Sri Lankan lawyer and academic (d. 2004).
- Onni Palaste: Finnish soldier and author (d. 2009).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lohengrin, Act III Prelude - Boston Symphony Orchestra
- The Crucifix - John McCormack & Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?