Saturday 27 December 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Kämpfende Gewalten oder Welt ohne Krieg, directed by Fritz Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1919!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1919 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Charles Sweeney: American general and pilot (d. 2004).
- Renato Carosone: Italian bandleader, singer and songwriter, among the greatest figures of the Italian music scene in the second half of the 20th century.
- Achilles Alferaki composer: dies at age 73.
- Red Sox owner Harry Frazee announces they will deal any player except Harry Hooper, Hooper is sent to the White Sox after 1920 season
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Christmas Time at Pumpkin Center - Cal Stewart & Ada Jones & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?