Thursday 27 December 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Chimata no ko, directed by Ryôha Hatanaka, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1923 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Bruno Bobak: Polish-Canadian painter and educator (d. 2012).
- Manfred Heidmann: German stage/film actor, pop singer.
- Gustave Eiffel: French engineer and designer, known for such magnificent constructions as the Bridge at Bordeaux, 1858, the Viaducts and Bridge at Sioule Neuvial, 1868, the Viaduct Garabit, 1882, and culminating his genius, the Eiffel Tower, 1887-89.
- Unsuccessful assassination attempt on prince-regent Hirohito of Japan.
- Namba Daisuke, a Japanese student, tries to assassinate the Prince Regent Hirohito.
- The crown prince of Japan survives an assassination attempt in Tokyo.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Sweetie Went Away - Billy Murray & Ed Smalle
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1923 and get them!