Sunday 27 December 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Allan Blank and Maurice Bambier.
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1925 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Allan Blank: Composer.
- Maurice Bambier: French politician (d. 1994).
- Manuel Ayau: Intellectual, academic, businessman and liberal politician from Guatemala, he was a Mechanical Engineer and is the founder of the Center for Economic and Social Studies (CEES), Francisco Marroquin University -UFM- and institutions dedicated to the spread of Classical Liberalism.
- Michel Piccoli: Paris, France -- Actor (Topaz, Peril, May Fools).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Death of Floyd Collins
- Brown Eyes, Why are You Blue? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Alone at Last - Henry Burr
- I'm Knee Deep in Daisies (And Head Over Heels in Love) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?