Sunday 27 December 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Woman of the Sea, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1925.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1925 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Maurice Bambier: French politician (d. 1994).
- Manuel Ayau: Intellectual, academic, businessman and liberal politician from Guatemala, he was a Mechanical Engineer and is the founder of the Center for Economic and Social Studies (CEES), Francisco Marroquin University -UFM- and institutions dedicated to the spread of Classical Liberalism.
- Allan Blank: Composer.
- Michel Piccoli: Paris, France -- Actor (Topaz, Peril, May Fools).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Death of Floyd Collins
- Brown Eyes, Why are You Blue? - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Alone at Last - Henry Burr
- I'm Knee Deep in Daisies (And Head Over Heels in Love) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?