Tuesday 27 December 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
West Point, directed by Edward Sedgwick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1927 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Agnes Nixon: American television producer, director, and writer.
- Antony Gardner: English engineer and politician (d. 2011).
- Nityanand Swami: Indian lawyer and politician 1st Chief Minister of Uttarakhand (d. 2012).
- Audrey Wagner: American baseball player obstetrician and gynecologist (d. 1984).
- Shulamit Aloni: Israeli politician.
- Georges Besse: French industrialist, the President of the state-run Renault Auto Manufacturers.
- Horst Gruetzner: German astrologer, a business entrepreneur, a parapsychologist and researcher influenced by Theodor Landscheidt. He was an advocate of traditional astrology and Cosmobiology.
- Kern and Hammerstein's musical play, ''Show Boat'', based on Edna Ferber's novel, opens on Broadway and then goes on to become the first great classic of the American musical theater.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1927 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dancing Tambourine - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Sweetheart of Sigma Chi - Gene Austin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?