Friday 27 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Brown and Jerry Lambert.
The Reluctant Dragon, directed by Alfred L. Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1940 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- There I Go - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
- So You're the One - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- I Give You My Word - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
- Along the Santa Fe Trail - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?