Monday 27 December 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Manuel Serrat and Isobel Black.
A Guy Named Joe, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching At Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1943 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Joan Manuel Serrat: Spanish musician.
- Isobel Black: Scottish TV actress with numerous credits, including the long-running drama, "The Troubleshooters," 1967-1972.
- John Robinson: American convicted serial killer, con man, embezzler, kidnapper, and forger who was found guilty in 2003 of three murders and received the death sentence for two of them.
- Cokie Roberts: American journalist and author.
- Joan Serrat: Spanish singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- German warship Scharnhorst sinks in Barents Sea
- Montgomery discusses Overlord with Eisenhower and Bedell Smith
- France transfers most of her powers in Lebanon to Lebanese government.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?