Saturday 27 December 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Secret Beyond the Door..., directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1947 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Peter Criss: Rocker (Kiss-Beth).
- Bill Eadie: professional wrestler known as ''Ax'' of Demolition.
- Doug Livermore: English footballer and manager.
- Osman Pamukoğlu: Turkish general and politician.
- Janet Perry: American soprano and actress.
- Willy Polleunis: Belgian athlete
- Mickey Redmond: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Ken Irving: American writer, researcher and editor. Ken was with American Astrology magazine from 1974 through 2003, for which he authored several columns, including "Eye on the Nation" and "The New Astrology." He has served as UAC Board President, 1999-2001, AFAN Advisor, AFAN Steering Committee 1992-1994, Correlation Editorial Board. A lecturer for NASO, ISAR, NCGR, and UAC, Irving is coauthor of The Psychology of Astro*Carto*Graphy with Jim Lewis, coauthor of "The Tenacious Mars Effect," with Suitbert Er
- Tracy Nelson: American blues singer
- 1st Howdy Doody Show, (Puppet Playhouse), telecast on NBC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1947 and get them!