Monday 27 December 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1948 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Larry Byrom: rocker (Steppenwolf - "Hour of the World").
- Tovah Feldshuh in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Idolmaker, Terror out of the Sky).
- Alfred Pacquement: French arts official, the former director of the National Museum of Modern Art, Centre Pompidou and President of CIMAM (International Committee for Museums and Collections of Art).
- Gérard Depardieu: French actor with a rough, heavy face, great charisma and a gift for comedy.
- Gerard Depardieu: French actor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?