Monday 27 December 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tovah Feldshuh in New York City and Larry Byrom.
Golden Boy, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching NBC Presents.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1948!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1948 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Tovah Feldshuh in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Idolmaker, Terror out of the Sky).
- Larry Byrom: rocker (Steppenwolf - "Hour of the World").
- Gerard Depardieu: French actor.
- Gérard Depardieu: French actor with a rough, heavy face, great charisma and a gift for comedy.
- Alfred Pacquement: French arts official, the former director of the National Museum of Modern Art, Centre Pompidou and President of CIMAM (International Committee for Museums and Collections of Art).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?