Tuesday 27 December 1949
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
All the King's Men, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1949!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1949 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Denys Granier-Deferre: French film director, the son of director Pierre Granier-Deferre.
- Annie Wilson: American noted family, married to Carl Wilson of the "Beach Boys" when she was 18, 1956.
- Terry Ito: Japanese director producer and critic.
- United States of Indonesia gains independence from Netherlands
- Queen Juliana (Netherlands) grants sovereignty to Indonesia.
- Indonesian National Revolution: The Netherlands officially recognizes Indonesian independence. End of the Dutch East Indies
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Blue Christmas - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?