Thursday 27 December 1951
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Westward the Women, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1951!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1951 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Ernesto Zedillo: Mexican politician, a bland and enigmatic man elected the new Mexican president 8/21/1994, taking office on 11/31/1994.
- William Waldorf: 4th viscount Astor / English large landowner.
- Rose Manfredi: American accountant at Edgewater Technology, a single mother of two kids.
- 40th Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Sydney (3-2).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1951 and get them!