Sunday 27 December 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1953 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Arthur Kent: Newscaster [Scud Stud], (NBC-Gulf War coverage).
- Gérard Alle: French writer of police stories, a jack-of-all-trades who had multiple occupations before settling as a full-time author.
- Philippe Lefait: French journalist and TV host ("Les Mots de Minuit"), he presented the evening news on Antenne 2. In 2013, he published "Et tu danses, Lou" with his wife, inspired by their daughter Lou (born 6 June 1996, 2:00, Les Lilas), suffering of a genetic disease.
- Julian Tuwim: Polish poet playwright and director (d. 1953).
- Detroit Lions beat Cleveland Browns 17-16 in NFL championship game.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?