Monday 27 December 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Novella Calligaris and Mandie Fletcher.
In UK Let's Have Another Party by Winifred Atwell was in the top 5 hits.
Animal Farm, directed by Joy Batchelor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Bob Cummings Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1954!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1954 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Novella Calligaris: Italian swimmer and free-style champion she captured a silver and two bronze medals in the August 1972 summer Olympics in Munich.
- Mandie Fletcher: English director producer and production manager.
- Saint of Bleecker Street opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 92 performances
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?