Friday 27 December 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Sanford and Connie Chillemi at Eglin Air Force Base.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to April Love by Pat Boone.
In UK Mary's Boy Child by Harry Belafonte was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Flight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1957!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1957 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- James Sanford: US runner (world record 50-metre indoor).
- Connie Chillemi at Eglin Air Force Base: Florida, USA; golfer (1994 Standard Register-13th).
- Greg Mortensen: American author.
- Juana Barraza: Mexican professional wrestler and serial killer dubbed La Mataviejitas (Sp.
- Ghislaine Bourgogne: French astrologer and psychoanalyst.
- Édouard Rothschild: French businessman, a banker who is part of the French branch of the prominent Rothschild family.
- Jerry Gaskill: American musician (King's X)
- Greg Mortenson: American humanitarian and author
- Dane Witherspoon: American actor (d. 2014)
- Alan Bridge: Actor (Hail the Conquering Hero), dies at 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?