Saturday 27 December 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1958 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Steffen Mensching: Writer.
- Luca Manfredi: Italian writer and director for TV and movies; son of film director and actor Nino Manfredi; Luca married Nancy Brilli in 1998.
- Barbara Crampton: American actress and producer.
- Steve Jones: American golfer.
- Norbert Schmitz: German footballer (d. 1998).
- Steven Glen Jones in Artesia: New Mexico, USA; PGA golfer (1988 AT&T Pebble Beach).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?