Wednesday 27 December 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1967!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1967 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Tom Jones - Green Green Grass Of Home
- Long John Baldry - Let The Heartaches Begin
- The Seekers - Morningtown Ride
- Dave Clark Five - Everybody Knows
- Donovan - Sunshine Superman
- Val Doonican - If The Whole World Stopped Loving
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Tom Jones - I'm Coming Home
- Dave Dee Dozy Beaky Mick & Tich - Save Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?