Saturday 27 December 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Someday We'll Be Together by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris was in the top 5 hits.
Angels and Demons, directed by Carlos Hugo Christensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1969 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Chris Humbert in Modesto: California, USA; water polo two metre offense (Olympics-1996).
- Suzanne Paxton in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; fencer-foil (Olympics-1996).
- Jean-Christophe Boullion: French race car driver.
- Sarah Vowell: American author and journalist.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head
- The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
- Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Neil Diamond - Holly Holy
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?