Monday 27 December 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Brand New Key by Melanie.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Straw Dogs, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1971 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Bryan Smolinski in Toledo: Ohio, USA; NHL forward (Team USA, Pittsburgh Penguins).
- Savannah Guthrie: News Anchor.
- Sergei Bodrov: Jr.
- Duncan Ferguson: Scottish footballer and coach.
- Guthrie Govan: English guitarist and educator (GPS The Aristocrats and Asia).
- Jason Hawes: American paranormal investigator and author founded The Atlantic Paranormal Society
- Bryan Smolinski: American ice hockey player and coach
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- David Cassidy - Cherish
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?