Sunday 27 December 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1981!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1981 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Javine: British singer.
- Patrick Sharp: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Emilie De Ravin: TV Actress.
- Emilie de Ravin: Australian actress.
- David Aardsma: American baseball player.
- Hoagy Carmichael: American singer-songwriter pianist and actor (d. 1981).
- Oiler Wayne Gretzky becomes fastest NHLer to get 100 pts (38th game)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 1981 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?