Monday 27 December 2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Let Me Love You by Mario.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid 20 was in the top 5 hits.
Brick, directed by Rian Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 2004!
Which were the important events of 27 December 2004 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Tsunami Roy: Indian child born to parents fleeing the terrible tsunami waves that devastated their village in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Radiation from an explosion on the magnetar SGR 1806-20 reaches Earth. It is the brightest extrasolar event known to have been witnessed on the planet.
- Astrophysicists from the Max Planck Institute for Extraterrestrial Physics in Garching near Munich measure the strongest burst from a magnetar. At 21:30:26 UT the earth is hit by a huge wave front of gamma and X-rays. It is the strongest flux of high-energetic gamma radiation measured so far.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 2004 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?