Wednesday 27 December 2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 27 December 2006 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 December
- More than 105 people have died following days of heavy rains in Indonesia, and hundreds more are still missing. (BBC)
- Six people die and one person goes missing after a helicopter carrying gas workers ditches into Morecambe Bay east of the Irish Sea, off the coast of Morecambe, England. (Times Online)
- The Kazakh KNB has broken up and arrested members of the Stepnogorsk zhamaat terrorist organization, confiscating weapons and religious literature. (RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty)
- An earthquake near Taiwan damages undersea cables, disrupts phone and Internet service in Asia and the U.S. (International Herald Tribune)
- The French Space Agency (CNES) spacecraft COROT was successfully launched in Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 14:28 UTC (GMT+4) to search for extrasolar planets.
- War in Somalia:
- Ethiopian/Transitional Federal Government forces regain Jowhar after heavy fighting. The Islamist militia go into a retreat towards Mogadishu. (The Associated Press)
- Mogadishu is besieged after Islamists retreated to it. (Reuters)
- Former U.S. Senator and 2004 Democratic Vice-Presidential Candidate John Edwards will run for the 2008 Democratic Presidential Nomination. (MSNBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 December 2006 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?