Saturday 27 December 2008
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 27 December 2008 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 December
- Delaney Bramlett: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Delaney & Bonnie) (d. 2008).
- President of Pakistan Asif Ali Zardari accepts that ampquotnon-state actorsampquot exist in the country and vows to root out terrorism there. (Reuters)
- The Gävle goat, a large Swedish yule goat, is torched by vandals for the 23rd time since its construction in 1966. (BBC News)
- On the eve of its centenary, Woolworths Group begins closing its stores in the United Kingdom. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?