Monday 27 February 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Antoinette Sibley and Kenzo Takada.
Stagecoach, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1939!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1939 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Antoinette Sibley: Ballerina (Turning Point).
- Kenzo Takada: Japanese director (Dream After Dream).
- Peter Alexander: American artist who customarily sells in the '90s for $18,000 to $25,000.
- Iain Calder: Scottish-American journalist and editor of an American tabloid, "The National Enquirer.
- Don McKinnon: English-New Zealand politician 12th Deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- Peter Revson: auto racer (1971 Indianapolis pole winner).
- Nadezjda K Krupskaya: Russian revolutionary/wife of Lenin, dies at age 70.
- Supreme Court outlaws sit-down strikes
- US Supreme Court outlaws sit-down strikes.
- Belgian government of Pierlot falls.
- English Spook house Borley Rectory destroyed in a fire.
- United States labor law: The U.S. Supreme Court rules that sit-down strikes violate property owners' rights and are therefore illegal.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?