Thursday 27 February 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marian G Klaren and Gidon Kremer in Riga.
Boomerang!, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Dancing on Air.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1947 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Marian G Klaren: Dutch mime / actress (Red Cabbage).
- Gidon Kremer in Riga: Latvia; violinist (Tchaikovsky Prize 1970).
- Marie-Laure Augry: French journalist, a member of the 'Club des médiateurs de la presse' ("Press Mediators' Club").
- Alan Guth: American physicist, a Professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, who helped revolutionize cosmology with his inflationary universe theory which indicated that matter is likely to have come literally out of nothing.
- Jacques Cachemire: .
- Paul-Emile Victor French polar expeditions organized.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Anniversary Song - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Anniversary Song - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?