Monday 27 February 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1950!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1950 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Franco Moschino: Italian fashion designer whose styles are avant-garde and popular with the rebellious pop-culture.
- Gilla : Austrian singer.
- Julia Neuberger: Baroness Neuberger English rabbi and politician.
- Annabel Goldie: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- Ivan Goll: Writer, dies at 58.
- General Chiang Kai-shek elected President of Nationalist China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chattanoogie Shoe Shine Boy - Frank Sinatra
- Mills Brothers - Daddy's Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?