Saturday 27 February 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bolik Dahan and Stoney Jackson in Richmond.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Feather Falls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1960 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Bolik Dahan: Suriname -- Singer / radio host (Radio KBC).
- Stoney Jackson in Richmond: Virginia, USA; actor (White Shadow, Insiders).
- Andres Gomez: in Ecuador; tennis pro (Madrid Grand Prix-1990).
- Paul Humphreys rock keyboardist/synthesizer player (OMD - "Crush": "Pacific Age").
- John van: Grinsven; soccer player (MVV).
- Olivier Nora: French publisher. In 1980 he entered l’École Normale Supérieure de Saint-Cloud, in 1986 je started working at the general literature department of the publishing house Hachette, in 1991 he became director of Bureau du livre français à New York, in 1995 director of the publishing house Calmann-Lévy and in 2000 director of éditions Grasset.
- Jeff Smith: Cartoonist
- Andrés Gómez: Ecuadorian tennis player
- Paul Humphreys: English singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark The Listening Pool and Onetwo)
- Carson Yeung: Hong Kong businessman
- Adriano Olivetti: Italian industrialist and member of the Italian Parliament.
- Oil pipe line from Rotterdam to Ruhrgebied opens
- US Olympics Ice Hockey Team beats USSR 3-2 en route to gold medal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Bobby Darin - Beyond The Sea
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?