Monday 27 February 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
L'avventura, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1961!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1961 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- James Worthy NBA forward (Los Angeles Lakers: 1988 Playoff Most Valuable Player).
- James Worthy: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- Platt Adams: High jumper (1912 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- The first congress of the Spanish Trade Union Organisation is inaugurated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- The Capris - There's A Moon Out Tonight
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?