Thursday 27 February 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Vander Ark and Robert Molenaar.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
99 Women, directed by Jess Franco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fortune.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1969!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1969 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Brad Vander Ark: American musician.
- Robert Molenaar: Dutch soccer player (FC Volendam).
- Victoria Fair in Jackson: Michigan, USA; Miss Michigan-America (1990).
- Greg Stevenson in Sherbrooke: QuTbec, Canada; rower (Olympics-11-1992, 1996).
- Willie Banks: American pro baseball pitcher, member of the N.Y.
- Shahbaz Chauhdry: British reality television personality, the openly-gay contestant on Big Brother 7 in the UK. Considered suicidal, he was removed from the house by the producers.
- Stuart MacBride: Scottish author
- Gareth Llewellyn: Welsh rugby player and coach
- Gen Hafez al-Assad becomes head of Syria via milt coup
- President Nixon visits West-Berlin
- US President Richard Nixon visits West Berlin.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 February 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Smokey Robinson - Baby, Baby Don't Cry
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?