Tuesday 27 February 1973
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
Fists of Fury, directed by Wei Lo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1973 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- "Pooh" Clark: rocker (High-5).
- Terence Davis: WLAF wide receiver (London Monarchs).
- Chiara Iezzi: Italian singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, television host, actress and director.
- Sébastien Lalande: French rugby player, victim of Alzheimer aged only 40.
- Li Bingbing: Movie Actress.
- Peter Andre: Australian singer
- Ali Tabatabaee: Iranian-American singer-songwriter (Zebrahead)
- Mark Taylor: Welsh rugby player and manager
- Members of American Indian Movement begin occupation of Wounded Knee
- Pope Paul VI publishes constitution motu proprio Quo aptius
- White Sox slugger Dick Allen signs 3-year $750,000 contract
- Dick Allen signs a record US$675,000 three-year contract with Chicago White Sox.
- The American Indian Movement occupies Wounded Knee, South Dakota.
- The Republic of Ireland general election is held. Liam Cosgrave becomes the new Taoiseach.
- The landmark postmodern novel ''Gravity's Rainbow'' by Thomas Pynchon is published.
- Dick Taverne, having resigned from the Parliament of the United Kingdom on leaving the Labour Party, is re-elected as a 'Democratic Labour' candidate.
- Pink Floyd's ''The Dark Side of the Moon'', one of rock's landmark albums, is released in the US. It is released in the UK on March 24.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?