Monday 27 February 1978
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to (Love Is) Thicker Than Water by Andy Gibb.
In UK Take A Chance On Me by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Coming Home, directed by Hal Ashby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1978.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1978!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1978 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- James Beattie: English footballer and manager.
- Kakha Kaladze: Georgian footballer.
- Emelie Öhrstig: Swedish skier and cyclist.
- Thomas Pesquet: French aerospace engineer, pilot, and European Space Agency astronaut.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - (Love Is) Thicker Than Water
- Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive
- Dan Hill - Sometimes When We Touch
- Samantha Sang - Emotion
- Bee Gees - Night Fever
- Chic - Dance, Dance, Dance (Yowsah, Yowsah, Yowsah)
- Eric Clapton - Lay Down Sally
- Billy Joel - Just The Way You Are
- Paul Davis - I Go Crazy
- Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?