Saturday 27 February 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Camila Coelho and Iain Ramsay.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fear.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 8 Eyes or Knight Rider.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1988 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Camila Coelho: YouTube Star.
- Iain Ramsay: Australian footballer.
- Dustin Jeffrey: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Gulfstream G-IV jet goes around the world 36:08:34.
- Katarina Witt (German Democratic Republic) wins second consecutive Olympics figure skating.
- Ayako Okamoto wins LPGA Orient Leasing Hawaiian Ladies Golf Open.
- Bonnie Blair (US) wins Olympics 500 metre speed skating in record 39.1 seconds.
- February 29 – Pogrom of Armenians in Sumgait.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 February 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?