Wednesday 27 February 2002
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Always On Time by Ja Rule.
In UK Hero by Enrique Iglesias was in the top 5 hits.
40 Days and 40 Nights, directed by Michael Lehmann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Summons by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2002!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2002 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- Ryanair Flight 296 catches fire at London Stansted Airport. Subsequent investigations criticize Ryanair's handling of the evacuation.
- Godhra train burning: a Muslim mob kills 59 Hindu pilgrims returning from Ayodhya;
- The ex-currencies of all euro-using nations cease to be legal tender in the European Union.
- Gujarat communal riots begin, wherein 97 people are burnt alive or killed in the Naroda Patiya massacre, and 69 in Gulbarg Society massacre in Ahmedabad.
- U.S. invasion of Afghanistan: In eastern Afghanistan, Operation Anaconda begins.
- Continuing violence in Ahmedabad, India kills 28 police shoot and kill 5 rioters.
- The Envisat environmental satellite successfully reaches an orbit 800nbspkm above the Earth using an Ariane 5 on its 11th launch, carrying the heaviest payload to date at 8,500nbspkg.
- ''STS-109'': Space Shuttle ''Columbia'' flies the Hubble Space Telescope service mission, penultimate flight before its ill-fated ''STS-107'' mission.
- Alicia Keys wins six Grammys.
- Today is the centennial of John Steinbeck's birth.
- ampquotWar on Terrorismampquot: The U.S. sends Special Operations Forces to the former Soviet republic of Georgia to help combat guerrilla fighters, though Russia protests.
- Comedian Spike Milligan dies from liver disease, aged 83.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?