Friday 27 February 2004
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2 was in the top 5 hits.
EuroTrip, directed by Jeff Schaffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pyjamas.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond Divinity or Fate/stay night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2004 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 February
- Yoshihiko Amino: Japanese historian author and academic (d. 2004).
- 2004 SuperFerry 14 bombing: The Abu Sayyaf guerrilla group is blamed for the deadliest terrorist attack at sea in world history, which kills 116 in the Philippines.
- Same-sex marriage in the United States: The California Supreme Court refuses a petition by California Attorney General Bill Lockyer asking for an immediate ruling on the constitutionality of same-sex marriage laws and a cease and desist order against San Francisco's granting of marriage licenses to same-sex couples. (365Gay)
- In an angry public exchange, Yasser Arafat calls Fatah official Nasser Yousef a ampquottraitorampquot and hurls a microphone at him. (Maariv)
- International Space Station crew Michael Foale and Aleksandr Kaleri perform the first ever spacewalk involving the station's entire crew the spacewalk is cut short by a malfunction in Kaleri's spacesuit. (ABC)
- Shoko Asahara, the leader of a Japanese cult that gassed the Tokyo subway in 1995, is sentenced to death by hanging. (BBC)
- The U.S. Justice Department says it will move to block Oracle Corporation's hostile takeover bid for larger rival PeopleSoft, saying a merger of the two largest accounting and human resources software companies in the U.S. would hurt competition. (''Toronto Star'')
- Iranian state radio reports Osama bin Laden captured. United States officials discount the reports. (AP)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 February 2004
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?