Wednesday 27 February 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Never Back Down, directed by Jeff Wadlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Appeal by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 27 February 2008 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 2 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Frances Hunter: American child of noted parents, her mother is Rielle Hunter, lover of former US Senator John Edwards.
- Jada Lynch: Belgian-born child of noted tennis ace Kim Clijsters and American basketball player Brian Lynch.
- In the USA, the Fannie Mae government-backed mortgage company reports a loss of US$3.55 billion for the fourth quarter of 2007, due to increased foreclosures.
- The US dollar drops to an all-time low against the euro, at 66 cents.
- A roadside bomb in Afghanistan results in the death of two NATO soldiers. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- The biggest earthquake in nearly 25 years hits England (5.2 on Richter scale). (BBC News)
- A gunman kills four at a public housing complex in Bristol, Tennessee, before committing suicide. (AP via Google News)
- Microsoft is fined a record €899 million by the EU anti-trust commission. (''The New York Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?