It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in January 1914 ?
- Die Augen des Ole Brandis
directed by Stellan Rye
starring: Alexander Moissi, Lothar Krner, Grete Berger
- Photo-Drama of Creation
starring: Henry B. Walthall, Spottiswoode Aitken, Blanche Sweet
- The Adventures of a Diplomatic Freelance
directed by James Cruze
starring: Ren Navarre, Georges Melchior, Laurent Morlas
- The Goat
starring: Edward Abeles, Joseph Singleton, Sydney Deane
- Across the Danger Line
starring: Grete Berger, Carl Clewing, Jean Ducret
Send him/her your special wishes with this personalized page
Which were the important events of Tuesday, 27 January 1914 ?
Famous People born
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1914 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The Eyes of the World
by Harold Bell Wright
"[...] James Rutlidge Makes a Mistake On the Pipe-Line Trail I Want You Just as You Are The Answer You're Ruined, My Boy The Hand Writing On The Wall[...]".
by Eleanor H. Porter
Pollyanna is a best-selling novel by Eleanor H. Porter that is now considered a classic of children's literature. The book was such a success that Porter soon produced a sequel, Pollyanna Grows Up (ISBN 9781439297513 ).
The Inside of the Cup
by Winston Churchill
Issuance of this edition was none the same year as the assumed 1st was done by Macmillian Company
by Owen Johnson
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web.
Kodaks Autographic cameras The Autographic Kodak (1914)
Detroit Electric Car (1914)
Hart Schaffner & Marx Clothes For Young Men (1914)
Tell the world why Tuesday, 27 January 1914 is such a special date for you!