Sunday 27 January 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1929 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Richard Du Cann lawyer: Queen's Council.
- Gaston Suarez: Bolivian novelist (d. 1984).
- Ingrid Thulin: Solleftea, Sweden -- Actress (Cries & Whispers, Damned).
- Mohamed Al-Fayed: Egyptian-Swiss businessman.
- Gastón Suárez: Bolivian author and playwright (d. 1984).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 January 1929 and get them!