Tuesday 27 January 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kings Row, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1942 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Maki Asakawa: Japanese singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2010).
- Stewart Raffill: American director and screenwriter.
- Kate Wolf: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1986).
- John Witherspoon: American actor.
- Stephen Wynn: American executive and CEO of the Golden Nugget.
- Paul Quilès: French Socialist politician, the Deputy of Tarn département. Close to Laurent Fabius, he was Defense Minister from 1985 to 1986, after the Rainbow Warrior scandal. He was Interior Minister from 1992 to 1993, then chairman of the Defense commission in the French National Assembly from 1997 to 2002.
- James Cromwell: Los Angeles, California -- Actor (Stretch-All in the Family, Babe)
- Petr Kotik: Composer
- Kaarel Eenpalu: Estonian journalist and politician 6th Prime Minister of Estonia (d. 1942).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?