Tuesday 27 January 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
Niagara, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1953!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1953 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Frank Augustyn: Canadian ballet dancer; a foremost prize winner with his partner, Karen Kain.
- Netherlands ends Marshall Plan aid.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1953 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Four Knights - Oh, Happy Day
- Oh Happy Day - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?