Friday 27 January 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlotte Kemp and Karen Velez.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Wonderland By Night by Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra.
In UK Poetry In Motion by Johnny Tillotson was in the top 5 hits.
The Misfits, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Adieu, Prinzessin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1961!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1961 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Charlotte Kemp: Omaha, Nebraska -- Playmate (Dec, 1982).
- Karen Velez: Rockville Centre, New York -- Playmate (December, 1984).
- Rudi Mauger: Rocker (Crew Cuts).
- Jean-Paul Banos in Lavelanet: France; Canada sabre (Olympics-9/10-1988, 1992, 1996).
- Martin Degville: rocker (Sigue Sigue Sputnik - "Love Missile F-111").
- Zarganar : Burmese comedian actor and director
- Dina Bonnevie: Filipino actress
- Gillian Gilbert: English keyboard player and singer (New Order and The Other Two)
- Margo Timmins: Canadian singer (Cowboy Junkies)
- Narciso Rodriguez: American fashion designer
- Sing Along with Mitch [Miller] premieres on NBC TV
- Soviet submarine S-80 sinks with all hands lost.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Elvis Presley - Are You Lonesome To-Night?
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?