Monday 27 January 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cathy Podewell and Migi [Miguel.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Silence, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1964 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Cathy Podewell: California, United States -- Actress (Dallas).
- Migi [Miguel: Drummond]; rocker (Curiosity Killed Cat-Keep Your Distance).
- Woody Austin in Tampa: Florida, USA; PGA golfer (1995 Buick Open).
- Inga Thompson in Reno: Nevada, USA; American cyclist (Olympics-8th-1988, 1984, 1992).
- Bridget Fonda in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Scandal, Single White Female).
- Bridget Fonda: American actress and member of the famous theatrical Fonda family, the daughter of Peter and Susan Fonda, granddaughter of Henry and niece of Jane Fonda. Age four when her parents divorced, she shuttled back and forth between them. Bridget went to the best schools and to college in New York where she had her "wild time."
- Jack Haley: American basketball player: center, Nets
- Patrick van Deurzen: Dutch composer and academic
- Lieb Glantz: Composer, dies at 65.
- Margaret Chase Smith (Senator-Republican-Maine) tries for US Republican Presidential bid.
- Barlow and Graeme Pollock complete 341 stand at Adelaide Oval.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 January 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Rick Nelson - For You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?