Friday 27 January 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The Night of the Generals, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 27 January 1967 ?
- UN ? International Holocaust Memorial Day
- Germany ? Gedenktag fnr die Opfer des Nationalsozialismus (Commemoration Day for the Victims of National Socialism).
- Catholicism ? Catholic Schools Week.
- Poland ? Dzie? Pami?ci Ofiar Nazizmu (Memorial Day for the Victims of Nazism).
- Italy ? Giorno della Memoria (Memorial Day).
- Denmark ? Auschwitzdag (Auschwitz Day; commemoration day for the victims of the Holocaust and other genocide).
- Serbia ? St. Sava Day.
- United Kingdom ? Holocaust Memorial Day.
- Carrington Garland in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Kelly Capwell - Santa Barbara).
- Dave Manson in Prince Albert: Saskatchewan, Canada; NHL defenseman (Winnipeg Jets).
- Alfred Oglesby: NFL defensive tackle (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Sue Palmer in Collingwood: Ontario, Canada; cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Byron Mann: Hong Kong actor.
- Edward Higgins White II: Lt Col USAF / Astronaut (Gemini 4), dies at 36.
- Roger B Chaffee: Astronaut, dies at 31 in Apollo I fire.
- Virgil I (Gus) Grissom: Astronaut, dies at 40 in Apollo I fire.
- Virgil ''Gus'' Grissom: Crew of Apollo 1 (Born 1926).
- Roger Chaffee: American astronaut who died, along with Virgil Girssom and Edward White, in a grounded Apollo spacecraft when a flash fire occurred during a simulated flight.
- Alphonse Juin: Marshal of France who became a leading Free French commander in World War II.
- Edward White: American astronaut, the first American to emerge from an orbiting spacecraft and the first man to control his movements while floating in space, 6/03-07/1965, during the Gemini 4 mission. NASA selected him for their astronaut program on 9/17/1962. White attended the United States Military Academy and received his Bachelor of Science degree in 1952.
- Apollo 1 fire kills Astronauts Grissom, White and Chaffee
- Beatles sign a 9 year worldwide contract with EMI records
- New Orleans Saints sign their first player (Paige Cothren-kicker).
- At Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida, a fire breaks out during a manned launch-pad test of the Apollo spacecraft and Saturn rocket, killing astronauts Virgil I Grissom, Lieutenant-Colonel US Air Force Edward Higgins White II, and Roger B Chaffee.
- Treaty banning military use of nuclear weapons in space is signed.
- The United States, United Kingdom, and Soviet Union sign the Outer Space Treaty in Washington, D.C., banning deployment of nuclear weapons in space, and limiting use of the Moon and other celestial bodies to peaceful purposes.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Nashville Cats
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?